Experience the challenges of the next generation of space exploration in this brand-new Planetarium show. By using exciting real-life projects like NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope and the New Horizons mission to Pluto, the show highlights the extreme nature of spacecraft engineering and the life cycle of a space mission – from design and construction to the rigors of testing, launch, and operations. Blast off and take the voyage with us!
It has been a intense few months. Here are a few things we’ve accomplished:
- Presented a planetarium workshop and teacher workshop.
- Traveled to NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center to shoot 360 video.
- Had NASA engineer check-in’s to approve the science.
- Created extra educational modules that dive deeper into select topics.
- Fulfilled the formative/summative NASA review.
- And this week we opened the show to the public!
We’ve finished the concentric version of the show and we’re now working on a unidirectional version which will be finalized for distribution in February 2015.