The IMERSA Summit 2015 was intense, fascinating, and gave me a fresh breath of air of where fulldome is headed. Each of the presentations/panels were well prepared and technical problems were solved quickly. And the amount of attendees is just at that equilibrium where you can still meet a fair amount of people.
I ran into many people that are clearly passionate about fulldome and it was inspiring to hear their unique perspectives and experiences. So I realized that I should document a slice of these conversations with one interview question:
What challenges have you recently faced?
- AJ Christensen – Visualization Programmer / Advanced Visualization Lab, National Center for Supercomputing App.
- Matthew Mascheri – President & CEO / Dome3D
- Aaron Bradbury – CG Supervisor / NSC Creative
- Brad Thompson – Lead Animator / Spitz Inc.
- Mike Schmitt – Digital Media Supervisor / California Academy of Sciences
- Ron Proctor – Production Supervisor / Clark Planetarium
- Michael Daut – Director of Show Production & Marketing / Evans & Sutherland
- Tom Casey – Creative Director / Home Run Pictures
- Nina Wise – Producer & Director / The Kepler Story
- Jim Kachelries – Animator / Morehead Planetarium
- Dominic St-Amant – Video Lead / Société des Arts Technologiques (SAT)
- Ka Chun Yu – Curator of Space Science / Denver Museum of Nature & Science
- Maciej Ligowski – Program Coordinator / Creative Planet
- Ty Owen – Manager of Theater Programs / COSI Planetarium
- Jenny Shipway – Planetarium Manager / Winchester Science Centre & Planetarium
- Carolyn Sumners – Vice President of Astronomy and Physics / Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Gord Harris – R&D / Christie Digital Systems
Update: May 13, 2015 – Check out this excellent video of the IMERSA Summit 2015 Highlights, which showcases clips from many of my favorite talks. It gives a really great synopsis of what the conference is all about. You can also watch the direct video recordings from the conference.